A curry in under 45 minutes made from beef mince, Balti curry paste and vegetables
• 375g/12oz lean beef mince
• 2 large red onions, peeled and finely sliced
• 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
• 1 x 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
• 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, optional
• 30ml/2tbsp Balti curry paste, or similar
• 200g/7oz butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
• 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 300g/10½oz)
• 1 x 400g can cherry or chopped tomatoes
• 300ml/½pint good, hot vegetable stock
• 200g/7oz green beans, topped and tailed
• 30ml/2tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
• Small bunch freshly chopped coriander, to garnish
1. Heat a large non-stick frying pan and dry fry the beef, onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes or until brown breaking up any lumps with the back of a wooden spoon.
2. Add the ginger, chilli and curry paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the squash, cauliflower, chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for a further 15 minutes. Add the beans and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, cool a little and spoon over a little Greek yogurt.
5. Garnish with the coriander and serve with naan bread.
If preferred substitute the butternut squash for potatoes.